Technical writing course
Is talking technical and geek speak part of your job? Do you find it tricky to explain complex things?
TECH. shows you how to communicate technical stuff to non-technical people. You’ll learn how playing with Lego can make you a better technical writer and how the world of play can help you organize your words, structure and tone to make your writing zip along.
You’ll also discover the power of visual communication and how using pictures and images can communicate your message. All of this means your audience will be with you and not fretting on the exact function of the widget that you mentioned in your second sentence.
Who is it for?
It’s for anyone who:
- explains how something works so that people can use it
- needs to translate technical wizardry into plain speaking benefits
- wants to guide their audience gently into the Land of All Things Tech.
How can it help me?
You’ll benefit from:
- understanding how to support the needs of your non-technical audience
- exploring the effect of jargon, abbreviations and big technical words
- being able to structure complex information into non-threatening help
- knowing the effect of sentence structure, grammar and rhythm
- practising story-telling to explain technical information
- learning how white space is your audience’s best friend
- recognising why a picture is worth a thousand words.
How long is it?
- It’s 12 hours long. This can be delivered in weekly sessions of 2 or 3 hours.