Do you sometimes feel that your writing meanders like a winding stream rather than flows like a river? Would you like to add energy to the way you write emails, reports and proposals?
SCRIBE looks at the nitty-gritty of writing and the big picture. You’ll learn how creative writing makes your business writing even better and how to create sentences that sing, write reports that want to be read and how to connect with your audience.
You’ll also gently venture into the worlds of grammar, jargon and cross cultural communication.
Who is it for?
It’s for anyone who:
- never got to grips with this writing thing and gets jittery around the written word
- would like a refresher into the magical uses of grammar. And punctuation.
- wants to learn how fairy tales can make us better writers.
How can it help me?
You’ll benefit from:
- learning why the audience is king
- choosing your words to match the culture of your audience’s understanding
- understanding the difference between formal and like, you know, informal English
- using creative writing to distill your message
- exploring the effect of direct and indirect language
- being able to begin and end on the right note
- knowing how to summarise and edit your writing.
How long is it?
- It’s 12 hours long. This can be delivered in weekly sessions of 2 or 3 hours.